When my friend PS suggested that I should visit them over a weekend, I have an extra night to kill after spending three in Seattle. So what are the cities that are located in between Seattle and Durham? A lot! That spans across 3 timezones :D
Then I’ve come across Las Vegas, a place I’ve been to before in the winter of ‘97. A long time ago, that it could theoretically be my first visit. Sure, one night may not be enough for Las Vegas. And it may not be as fun as to being there with company. I’m willing to take my chances (pun intended) ;-)
 |
| Flying above Seattle right after take off |
 |
| Some snow capped mountain. |
 |
| Las Vegas |
In Las Vegas, I stayed at the Venetian. Thanks to my Agoda points I managed to shave off few more dollars to the already discounted rate.
 |
| Because one television is not enough. One more is in the bathroom |
 |
| Not much of a view. But it's not the end of the world :) |
 |
| The Venetian's casinos |
 |
| On the Palazzo wing |
The main itinerary of the day was to walk along the Strip and do some hotel hopping :D. Man, it was scorching hot that day. I wish I had an extra day to check out and lounge by the Venetian pool.
 |
| The fish tank behind the Mirage's front desk |
 |
| Mirage's casinos |
 |
| Caesar Palace's The Forum Shops |
 |
| Paris Las Vegas |
 |
| Liberace's car at the Cosmopolitan |
 |
| New York New York |
 |
| New York New York's casinos |
 |
| Gordon Ramsay's Burgr |
 |
| The Miracle Mile Shops |
I read about the Conversatory at the Bellagio and I must say it’s gorgeous.
 |
| Chihuly Glass ceiling at the Bellagio |
 |
| The front desk |
 |
| The "bird house" in the Conservatory |
 |
| This is neat! |
I had a couple of shows to watch in mind, but the ‘Penn and Teller’ and Le RĂªve shows had an off day. Other Cirque du Soleil shows (like KA, O and Beattles) were a bit on the expensive side. I guess I have to make do with the free ones :D The Bellagio fountain and the Mirage’s volcano shows were simply amazing!
 |
| Almost night fall |
 |
| That way! |
 |
| The fountain show starts at 11am and runs every 15 minutes |
 |
| I almost stayed there but the last few cheaper rooms were snapped almost immediately |
 |
| My cell phone and camera's batteries ran out of juice while waiting for the volcano show. You'd need to google it yourself if you want to see it |
The next day, I headed out to Wynn because their buffet was one of many that got rave reviews on the internet. Alas, I decided to give it up after seeing how long the line was. And I was early too. Oh well.
 |
| Nice! |
 |
| A long queue for breakfast |
 |
| The deco even looks amazing from outside |
 |
| I would think at $21.99, the buffet breakfast is a steal |
11am came and it was time to check out and leave for the airport. Wait for me North Carolina :)
 |
| You could still try out your luck at the airport while waiting for your flight |
 |
| Somebody had an early start :D |
mahal tak hotel? nampak gaya mcm riban2.. so big..
ReplyDeleteactually percaya atau tidak, lebih kurang je mcm harga hotel kat kl tu, mungkin lagi murah, sebab ada discount dan tolak points agoda
Deletecan't believe i never commented on this one zarin - your hotel room was super nice. also wow, 4 bottles of vodka empty @11 am. agaknya kawan tu menang or kalah in vegas? ;)
ReplyDelete