It's been a week since I came back from the States, so I figured I might as well get things started and the ball rolling. I have yet to solve the issue with the jetlag and with Ramadan just around the corner, it won't go away that easily.
You'd think 16 days of vacation days, excluding the weekends and public holidays are a long time, but they're not. Clearly I had a great time with my super-awesome friends and their families. I was so blessed to be surrounded by awesome friends, who went out of their way to accommodate me in every aspect. Thanks you guys!
 |
| The black line represents the main stops in my trip, while the green and purple lines are the roadtrips that I was treated to. Yay! |
I flew into Boston and took domestic flights to Dayton, OH to make Middletown as my first stop. During my close to 2 weeks of stay, the kids had soccer games, Sila and I relived our movie days during college and watched Captain America together and we took up the Donut Trail challenge. The fun did not stop there. Nope. Vin and Sila treated me and the kids for a roadtrip to Elkhart and Pittsburgh. Not to forget tons of great food and laugh out louds. I think I may have used up my entire year quota of laughs, LOL!
After Middletown, I visited PS and his family in Cary, NC. PS took me on a roadtrip to Grandfather Mountain, Charlotte and Atlanta.
And before heading back to Boston, I stopped by for a two night stay in the nation's capital.
How about we let the pictures speak for themselves? ;)
 |
| Having tea with the friends who were kind enough to send me to the airport |
 |
| Good friends |
 |
| Qatar Airways' Al Mourjan Business Lounge at Doha airport |
 |
| Couldn't get it right to capture the chandelier |
 |
| How to kill the 4 hours of transit :D |
 |
| Sedap tak? Hahaha just kidding |
 |
| They even handed out PJ's if you want to slip into them. I didn't :D |
 |
| Breakfast |
 |
| Lunch option |
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| Dessert |
 |
| Thai beef noodle. I would have liked it served hot instead of cold |
 |
| Are we there yet? |
 |
| My messy seat. Hehehe |
 |
| Nak jugakkkkk.. LOL |
 |
| Yay! After 13 long hours from Doha, we are finally in Boston.. Another a couple of hours to go to Ohio |
 |
| My Anybody room :) |
 |
| OMG Look how much Yaya has grown over the 2 years and she's only 8 in July. She'll be taller than me when I come back for the next visit LOL! |
 |
Accompanying Adik while he entertains himself with Adele's Water Under the Bridge
|
 |
| Sila keeps on saying they live in the boonies, that a horse farm is just a short drive away :P |
 |
| You won't see empty lands with perfect lawns in Malaysia. We'd plant fruit trees on every available square foot :D |
 |
| Rooting for Yaya |
 |
| Awwwwwwww |
 |
| One cool family! |
 |
| All smiles for the camera.. but it was cold!! |
 |
| Snack parents for the day. At the end of it, Vin said - That went well :). It is hard to please cute 4-5 year olds |
 |
| Adik in action |
 |
| Does this spell out the cinemas for you? |
 |
| Waiting for the film to roll |
 |
| Kampung-kampung pun, ada Cincinnati Premium Outlet which was a short drive away :) |
 |
| Halfway there! |
 |
| I made it out alive... and none of these are mine! Hahaha |
 |
| Upgraded Chicken Adobo and pasta |
 |
| Stewart's Key Lime is the bomb! |
 |
| Indian for the last nite |
 |
| My Cold Stone Creamery fix! Wooohooo! (Sea salt vanilla bean, Butter pecan and Chocolate) |
 |
| Adik's making his pizza. Yaya was done with hers |
 |
| The Chef of the night. Awesome pizzas! |
 |
| Potato pancakes, scrambled eggs and beef bacon |
That's it for now. Let's hope the next one will come soon enough :)
Please excuse for any grammatical errors and what not. I'd do the proof reading later :D
woahhhhh LOL soccer pun masuk! yep those 4-5 year olds can be a tough audience! tapi obviously dua-dua kaki bangku kan? hahahaha
ReplyDeletebtw, hari tu kitorang pergi rumah kawan kat KY - lagi boonies! jalan pun takde sign, gravel road for like 5 miles. i was sure we were lost in 1903. LOL. rumah diorang takde tv reception, internet pun spotty, cell phone pun iffy. but it's beautiful - they have a pond and a barn. kids had lots of fun there. i told vin, i should have brought zarin here to see the boonies. diorang pakai chemical toilet. i was like, yeah, i'm skipping that. thanks. LOL!!!
oh mestilah soccer kena masuk. they are bangku, but they sure are cute at it :D.
DeleteHahaha, see... Yours is not the boonies lah Sila. Vin won't be able to do his fantasy league(s) there. I'll only drop by for the number of days I could go without number two :'D.
haha nasib cute. kalau tak... LOL
ReplyDeletei wouldn't survive there lah. no way. visit a few hours is good. but beyond that... ;) number one pun i'm like no way.