US 2016 (v): Atlanta and a little bit of Cary and Raleigh

On the next day, we went on the CNN Studio tour and visited the World of Coca-Cola before spending 5 hours or more on the road to get back to Cary. Poor Phooi Seng he had to do all of the driving. I managed to keep him company until the last hour because I could no longer keep my eyes open. Sorry Phooi Seng :).

I foresee that this post will be mostly pictures, so please bear with me okay?

CNN Studio Tour
Going through security check before starting the tour

On the world's longest freestanding escalator

Since it's the longest freestanding escalator, we had time for some selfies :D

Almost there



It's one of those let-us-take-a-picture-of-you-and-it-will-cost-you-a-bomb-or-download-the-low-res-picture-from-the-given-link strategy :D

A sample of a typical studio with the teleprompters and all - O/C means On Camera

Showing how the green screen is being used

The HLN studio, complete with remote-controlled cameras

Part of the building complex is the Omni Hotel


Showing the apps related to CNN

Malaysia is represented :)


This uses to be a former indoor theme park - World of Sid and Marty Krofft




World of Coca Cola





A  Coca-Cola video-presentation cum commercial just concluded; It shows how Coca Cola is part of people's lives

The Coca Cola bear looked a little bit weathered :D

The secret formula of Coca Cola,, or so you'd think :D


Playing with the tv monitor, where it bubbles or fizzes you up

In front of the vault that holds the secret formula... or not :P :D


The Ideal Brain Tonic... I sent this to Sila, and she said there's a reason she graduated college. Hahaha


The mold for the iconic bottle during my childhood

The drinks under the Coca Cola company label

Right before the 4D 



I believe that's the sofa from American Idol

Here in this space, you could try some drinks from different continents. Some are good, some are err, interesting :D



Do people drink Beverly?


Macam iklan tak?

Just a small selection from the modern soda dispenser

After all that tasting, the original one is still the best :)

Out and about in Cary and Raleigh
Since the kids did not come with us on the roadtrip to Charlotte and Atlanta, we took them out on Sunday for some fun and leisure - Mini golf, laser tag, go cart and arcade.
Rebecca force fed me with strawberries :D

With the kids

Mini-golfing





On the last hole




Phooi Seng keeping an eye on the kids... well, both eyes :D

Phooi Seng was driving the 2-seater together with his youngest. You'd need to show a valid driving license for it :o

It's been awhile since I drove one




I was the designated driver :D

Sabar Phooi Seng! :D


Ticket redemption

After the arcade, they took me to downtown to buy some more souvenirs and for some look-see.
Apparently that's Sir Walter Raleigh up there

I think this is the State House


That wraps up Raleigh. Washington DC and Boston are my last two stops. Woohoo!

Comments