For my last night in Copenhagen, I've decided to shift to another hotel - Hotel Alexandra - that is close to the City Hall. It was a bit pricier, hence the reason I saved it for the last night... LOL. It caught my eye when I was browsing for hotels because they offer these Danish retro rooms that are styled and furnished like back in the 50s or 60s (I couldn't tell which is which, but I do know they are nice :D)
Places covered today
Today I continued to visit other places of interest that the Copenhagen Card has to offer, and they are:
Canal Tour by Stromma
The canal tour offers a different perspective of Copenhagen and its landmarks, such as Nyhavn, the Opera house, Christianshavn and the Little Mermaid.
The route options. The one in Blue is the one included in Copenhagen card
The Aquarium
Since I had some time to kill before going to Tivoli later in the evening, I went to the aquarium :D. Den Blå Planet is located one metro stop away from the airport. It was a good sized aquarium with a big tank.
Tivoli Gardens
I've come to know that Tivoli Garden is an amusement park. What I didn't know was they have a broad selection when it comes to dining - from hotdogs to icecreams to Asian food to fine dining, and those are just to name a few. I even saw a restaurant that has pits for burning marshmallows. I should have gotten dinner in Tivoli Gardens itself.
The entry is included in the Copenhagen Card but you have to fork out for the rides.
Pictures time :)
Hotel...
Such a cosy room
The City Hall
Simple yet very stylish
Now that's a real cotton tail bunny :)
Canal tour...
Christiansborg Slot
Børsen - former stock exchange building
I forgot what this is :D
Nyhavn
Opera House
A huge incinerator... We were told that they'd open a ski slope at the top of the building
The royal yacht (I think)
Naval base and the masting crane from the old times
Little Mermaid
Maersk HQ
Amalienborg and Frederik's Church
Royal Danish Playhouse
Entering Christianshavn
Church of our Saviour... I was up the spire :)
On the left is the Royal Library
We're back
The aquarium...
Ikan Bandaraya pun ada sini.. hehehe
The airport
Going back to the city...
A Malaysian shop.. but they ran out of food.. boooo... hehehe
Comments
Post a Comment