Yeay, I'm down to my last city - Copenhagen.
I took the SJ train from
Göteborg C to
København H with a changeover in
Malmö C. From Malmö, we crossed the Øresund strait between Sweden and Denmark on the Øresund bridge. Since I was on the train, I couldn't get a good picture of it, so a picture from Wi ipedia would do ;).
 |
| all aboard |
 |
Inside the SJ train |
 |
| Øresund Bridge |
 |
| Courtesy of Wikipedia |
From the Central Station, I took the train to
Nørreport and lugged my bag to the Wakeup Copenhagen hotel. It was an adequately-sized room, but I had no complaints especially when it was super close to Nyhavn, a really nice waterfront district in Copenhagen.
 |
| Safely arrived in Copenhagen |
 |
| The hotel location in relation to the train station and everything else |
 |
| A compact bathroom |
 |
| Today's walking route |
I actually followed the crowd on the busy main shopping street all the way to Hard Rock Cafe and the City Hall, which were near to the Central Station :D.
 |
| Following the crowd |
 |
| One of the main shopping streets |
 |
| Found it! Copenhagen - checked :D |
Then I walked towards the canal and retracked my way back to Nyhavn, passing by Christiansborg Slot (Palace).
 |
| Trying to be artistic. Hehehe |
 |
| Christiansborg Slot |
 |
| Nyhavn |
After a few customary selfie shots, I headed towards the Little Mermaid statue, which was a bit outskirt but that's one of the main tourist sites here in Copenhagen. Besides, the sun was out so it was a lovely time to be out and about. You could see lots of people who were taking the opportunity to laze around enjoying the sun.
Along the way, I passed by the Opera house, Amalienborg (home of the royal family) and the Gefion Fountain.
 |
| The bridge that connects the Christianshavn district |
 |
| When the sun's out, people will come out in droves .. minus the Asians :D |
 |
| The Opera House |
 |
| The fountain near Amalienborg |
 |
| This piece is dubbed "I am Queen Mary".. more info at here |
 |
| Gefion fountain |
 |
| Gefion Fountain - Bronze fountain completed in 1908, depicting Norse goddess Gefion plowing the sea with 4 oxen |
 |
| Part of the Kastellet - Star-shaped 17th-century fortress with ramparts & a museum |
 |
| There, there... Don't be sad.. I'm here now... :D |
 |
| Inside the Kastellet |
Passing by the courtyard of the Amalienborg...
 |
| In the Amalienborg courtyard |
 |
| Frederiks Kirke (Frederik's Church) |
 |
| If I'm not mistaken, that's a synagogue |
I was back to Nyhavn and my hotel to call it the day..
Comments
Post a Comment