EU 2018 (viii): København (II)

I've heard about the changing of the guards at Amalienborg, so that was the first itinerary of the day. I have to admit, I have not even seen the one at Buckingham Palace, so I couldn't compare between the two. It was a OK, but it had a lot of waiting time in between.

Today's route




Cute little coffee "buggy"












I headed north to go to Rosenborg Slot (castle) - built by one of the most famous Scandinavian kings, Christian IV, in the early 17th century.
















Then I took the train to go to Christianhavn to get to the Church of Our Saviour to go to the top of the spire, which is also included in the Copenhagen Card.














I touched it! hehe





I was lucky to have arrived earlier because there was a long line at the ticket counter.  I believe they have a maximum number of people who could go up at any one time.

Next, I decided to checkout Freetown Christiania. You could read about it in Wiki, but the main keyword really sticks out is cannabis :D. And they have a lot of that in Christiania, way more than I've ever seen in my lifetime. To be fair, I have seen little :D.

The only pictures that I took was at the entrance. There's a lot of warnings and signs in Christiania to remind people that pictures are prohibited.



LOL!
 Heading back to Nyhavn...











Back in Nyhavn on an even nicer day




The last spot of the day was the Round Tower (Rundetaarn), a 17th century tower and observatory. I really love the spiral ramp towards the top, which was where I spent most of my time :D. It was a waiting game to get a shot with no one around ;).











At the height of 36 meters, you're not above the buildings in the area, but you'd get a 360 degree view of the surrounding area. So it's not that bad.










Nak la jugak.. hehehe



One more blog post to go.. woohooo!

Comments