Ooops, I thought I was done but it turned out that there's ought to be another post on Copenhagen. Since my flight back to London was later in the afternoon (5'ish) and I could still use my Copenhagen card until noon time, I took the tour of the City Hall's tower and visited Christianborg slot, at least some part of it.
If my memory served me well, there's only two escorted tower visits per day - one at 11am and the other at 2pm.
As for Christianborg, I didn't get the chance to visit it all because time had run out. It is a palace and government building on the islet of Slotsholmen in central Copenhagen, Denmark. It is the seat of the Danish Parliament, the Danish Prime Minister's Office, and the Supreme Court of Denmark (wiki). Fire had ravaged the palace not only once, but twice. Like any other palaces, you'd find grand halls and reception rooms, but I found the tapistry room unlike any other. The tapistries are really fun and unique.
While I'm at it, let me just squeeze it some random pictures from London. Did a last minute shopping on Oxfort street, walked along the Thames near the Tower bridge and the Shard, managed to get Firouz to get off of work earlier so that we could go and watch a very provocative yet hilarious Book of Mormon play and ate sumptuous dinner at Burger and Lobster.
On the way to the city...
Visiting Platform 9 3/4...
Book of Mormon play...
Dinner at Burger and Lobster...
In case anybody asked if I really went to London :D....
Checking out Bicester Village...
Firouz at his best...
Yay! That's that. Just before the one year anniversary of the trip. Phewww... See you real soon ;)
If my memory served me well, there's only two escorted tower visits per day - one at 11am and the other at 2pm.
![]() |
| Close to the Malay word Tarik |
![]() |
| Couldn't try out this local dish... |
As for Christianborg, I didn't get the chance to visit it all because time had run out. It is a palace and government building on the islet of Slotsholmen in central Copenhagen, Denmark. It is the seat of the Danish Parliament, the Danish Prime Minister's Office, and the Supreme Court of Denmark (wiki). Fire had ravaged the palace not only once, but twice. Like any other palaces, you'd find grand halls and reception rooms, but I found the tapistry room unlike any other. The tapistries are really fun and unique.
While I'm at it, let me just squeeze it some random pictures from London. Did a last minute shopping on Oxfort street, walked along the Thames near the Tower bridge and the Shard, managed to get Firouz to get off of work earlier so that we could go and watch a very provocative yet hilarious Book of Mormon play and ate sumptuous dinner at Burger and Lobster.
On the way to the city...
![]() |
| The Battersea power station |
Visiting Platform 9 3/4...
Book of Mormon play...
![]() |
| Getting ready |
![]() |
| It was election day in Malaysia hence the finger pointing gesture ;) |
Dinner at Burger and Lobster...
![]() |
| All smiles! hehehehe |
![]() |
| Marvelous! |
In case anybody asked if I really went to London :D....
![]() |
| A Royal wedding is right up the alley |
![]() |
| There's a Big Ben in there somewhere |
![]() |
| A friend asked to checkout Hummingbird |
![]() |
| Opted for the Red Velvet |
![]() |
| Tomyum at Selfridges |
Checking out Bicester Village...
Firouz at his best...
![]() |
| The master at work |
![]() |
| To top it all off, cupcakes for dessert! |
































































































Comments
Post a Comment