Weather wasn't really permitting today, but it was a good weather for visiting the museums ;). The one museum that I'd like to check out was the Viking Ship museum that is located in the Bygdøy peninsula. There, there's a few more museums that one could visit. I stopped by Kon-Tiki and Fram museums as I was heading to the ferry terminal to get me back to the city center.
Day 2: Bygdøy and Vigeland Park
The ferry by Båtservice is included in the Oslo Pass so that was very convenient. You could also get to Bygdøy by bus. Ferry was surely a cooler option of the two :).
Breakfast... can I have the eggs without the bacon please? :D
A selfie for the road :)
Inside the ferry, or boat, whichever that you'd like to call it :)
Arrived at Bygdøy
The Viking Ship Museum (Vikingskipshuset)
I learned that The Viking Ship Museum is the museum that houses the viking ships that were excavated from ship burial sites. There are 3 ships, but the Oseberg is the most preserved ship in the museum. Viking ships and other grave goods such as wagons, jewelry and livestocks were buried together with the deceased.
The main centerpiece - the Oseberg... not me :D
Love this!
A wagon that was found in the ship burial site
Thor Heyerdahl, a Norwegian explorer, believed that people from South America had settled in Polynesia. So he had led an exploration on a raft that could only be built using the materials and technologies during the "pre-Columbian" times. He and 5 others were on the raft for 101 days before smashing on the reef, but safely made landfall. I could only imagine being on the raft for that many days and in the Pacific Ocean. Yikes!
Another raft for another expedition
The last museum on the menu was the Fram. Its name is taken from the wooden polar ship. You could take a tour of the ship
The toilet :)
This has a Jason feel to it :D
Let's go back to the city..
When I arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to see a parade on this International Workers' day. Since I don't speak Norwegian, I can't tell the banners and signage that they were holding up.
While there was still daylight, I took the tram to get to Vigelandsparken - the Vigeland Park. The world's largest sculpture park by a single artist, Vigeland, which the park is named after. The sculptures are pretty interesting I must say. I won't say much. Check out the below pictures and tell me what you think of them :D
Korang buli ayah korang ni kenapa?
Dah, dah.. Jangan gaduh
This guy can join the circus :D
The baby is on the postcards, so he's a bit famous
Wefie sikit bang... lol
The Palace Square (Slottsplassen).. If you go back to yesterday's post, you could see this from the aerial shot as we flew over Oslo.
Hard Rock souvenirs :)
That's it for Oslo. We're going to Stockholm next...
Comments
Post a Comment