Purchasing the Shinkansen ticket couldn't be any easier than the smartEX app. I had previously asked the folks at the HIS Travel in person and on Facebook, and they said that I could get my tickets when I'm already there in Japan. But knowing that I'd be traveling during the Golden Week, I had to seek for an alternative. Thank God that I've found forums that pointed out to the smartEX app that is also made available for Malaysia. And to make it even easier, when I registered my ICOCA card number on the app, I could use my ICOCA card to board the Shinkansen train, instead of printing out the ticket from the ticketing machine. The fare for the Nozomi train was 14450¥.
Sayonara Osaka
Shin-Osaka station is a just matter of several stops away from Namba on the Midosuji line.
Arriving at Shin-Osaka station
Loads of food at the konbini
My train's here
With a top speed of 300kmph, we arrived in Tokyo 2.5 hours later. In Tokyo, I just used my ICOCA card on the trains.
Shin-Osaka to Tokyo station
From Tokyo Station, I boarded the JR Yamanote line to get to Ueno station. I had chosen APA Hotels Keisei Ueno-Ekimae because I could get on the Skyliner to Narita without any fuss. However, since time was an essence I didn't get to make full use of the location. Ueno is the place where one could visit a number of museums and the Zoo.
Tokyo station to Ueno
My hotel is just a stone's throw away from Ueno. And is right in front of the Keisei-Ueno station
Since I had arrived before the 3pm checkin time, I went to get lunch at the Ueno JR Station. It was Thai this time around, because I was swayed by the beautiful picture of the crab fried rice :D. Besides, most of the eateries at the station were busy, even at 2.
Today's area of coverage
Crab fried rice
Mango pudding
HRC Uyeno-Eki
Time to check-in...
My petite room with just enough wiggle room. But it was comfy
The bathroom
A big ass tv :D
Check out the view! Bet it's more gorgeous in the summer
Flat pillows.. huh
It started to rain when I had lunch and continued on until early in the evening. But I still made my way to Akihabara, to get things started. Since I wasn't much of an anime/mange fan nor was I looking for anything, I just wandered around aimessly. I guess for those who are into anime or manga, they would have gone crazy here. Or those who are into maid cosplay, there are those maid restaurants around :D
On the way back to the hotel, I stopped by the Asakusa area to buy some pins from the Hard Rock cafe rock shop. Nearby is the Sensō-ji Buddhist temple. But I didn't venture further inside the temple because nightfall had given it an eery atmosphere. Especially the Niō statues that stand guard at the south entrance.
HRC Asakusa
Heading towards Sensō-ji
The shops at the temple ground
There it is
The Sensō-ji and the 5 story pagoda
This was as far inwards I got. The guardian statues gave me the chills :D
The Tokyo Skytree in the distance, but I didn't manage to get any closer during my stay
Comments
Post a Comment