JP 2019 (v): Tokyo (II)

Wow, that took some time for me to get back to the final two posts of my Japan trip :D. My recollection could be a bit fuzzy at the moment, so I hope the pictures could help me in coming up with a short writeup...

1st of May marked the first day of Emperor Naruhito's reign.. but tirst things first. Breakfast... 😊.  It wasn't as good as the one in Osaka, but it would do.

The restaurant guy said the fried noodle has pork, so another one crossed off in my list



The Japanese style breakfast

In the morning, I decided to spend a couple of hours to take a stroll in the The East Gardens of the Imperial Palace. The park was of a good size and I liked the Ninomaru Garden, a section where they had this small lake and surrounded by pretty nice landscaping.


Today's area of coverage, notably East Gardens and Shibuya

This could be the Otemon gate





Former castle tower's foundation


Inside the Defense House





Fujimi-yagura (Fuji-viewing tower)


Toka-gakudo (concert hall)

Another gate to the East Gardens

Bairin-zaka (Plum tree slope)













As I made my way out, I walked along the perimeter of the Imperial Palace. Huge crowd of tourist, locals and news reporter was waiting to catch a glimpse of the new Emperor.





The three bridges ... are somewhere there :D


Managed to squeeze in to the front :)


Waiting to catch a glimpse of the new Emperor


Kusunoki Masashige, a 14th century samurai

Didn't get to try it because there was a long line for it

I didn't wait for too long, so after snaping a few pictures and selfies included, I headed towards Tokyo Station. I checked that they had an Ultraman shop, so I wanted to see if I could get some stuff for my nephews and niece. Yup, they're in the Ultraman phase at the moment. Don't we all at their age? :D.

Tokyo Station


The Ultraman M78 shop

Not that big of a shop, but there are other cartoon/anime shops of this size in the entire floor, e.g. Pokemon, Doraemon, etc

I might have bought one if I do wear a tie to the office

Once I was done, it was time to checkout Shibuya. It was drizzling when I arrived so the umbrellas were out when people took to the streets and especially the Shibuya Crossing.

In Osaka, people stand on the left side

View of the Shibuya crossing from inside of the building


I also managed to survey the food halls of the big stores while I was there. They were amazing. What we had at Isetan KLCC was just a tiny part of it. I couldn't know for certain what I could or should avoid, so I grabbed a couple of pastries

They all look really tasty


I also found Hachikō.. but I didn't bother to queue up for pictures :)

Akak ni pun... tak payah kot pakai payung


Selfie dari jauh pun cukup :D


I saw Love Hill in the map as I was wanting to find my way around so I decided to make a small detour.  Well, my GPS could have gone bonkers but I didn't really see much of the hotels that screamed Love Hill. So yeah, I'm blaming the GPS. Well, it wasn't like I was wanting to find them :D.




On my way back to the hotel, I did make a point to stop at HRC Roponggi albeit briefly for another addition to my pin collection.

A wet Roppongi and the Tokyo Tower in the distance



Yay, I got my pin

Comments