The final full day of my Japan trip just saw me walking around (and having a quick lunch) at the outer market of Tsukiji, Shinjuku shopping street, going as close as possible to the Tokyo Tower (since I didn't bother queueing up for tickets), walking around Akihabara (again since it rained the last time I went) and (finally) Ameyoko in Ueno before calling it for the night.
I myself didn't get to go to the Gundam statue or Harajuku, but even if I could plan it all over, I would reduce Tokyo to 2 nights and place the extra day in Kansai. Of course, there are things to do in Tokyo, like one could go to the outskirts of Tokyo to take in a view of Mount Fuji. And if you like shopping, I bet you could spend hours or even days in Tokyo and also the nearby outlet malls. Well, I wouldn't mind taking the train to HRC Yokohama, which is a tad over than an hour from Ueno :D.
Tsukiji Outer Market...
I opted for this salmon meal
It's so pretty :D
Mochi
Pokemon Mega Center...
The queue snaked around the perimeter of the shop
Almost there... I think
Tokyo Tower...
The queue
Finally a sunset on the last evening in Tokyo
Had dinner at the JR Ueno station - Udon with Prawn tempura
Dropped by Akihabara...
Rambo
Is that a happy caterpillar?
Ameyoko street in Ueno. Only had the chance to survey the area on the last evening.. Hahaha.
Comments
Post a Comment