The main highlight of the trip has to be Borobudur and Prambanan even if I had to fork out 607,500 rupiah (a RM188.06 transaction on my credit card) as a foreigner. Those were 2 expensive small bottles of mineral water :D. My friend was not impressed when he has to fork out 75,000 rupiah for the tickets :P XD.
The 101 -- Borobudur -- Prambanan
This is one of those posts that will have more pictures than wordings. Wait, that's like the theme of my blog. Haha!
We had wanted to leave for Borobudur much much earlier, but we only managed to check out of the hotel after 10am and arrived at Borobudur least 1.5 hours later at Borobudur. We had to ensure that we arrive at Prambanan way before the 5:15 closing time.
The sun was pretty much above our head at Borobudur, so it was scorching hot. But between that and the anticipated thundershower at 12pm, I'd choose the former anytime. Luckily for us, the showers were nowhere to be seen.
Too bad, we couldn't go to the top or the final 2 tiers because they had closed them off. Bah humbug! I guess I have to come back again... as a local? hahaha.
Borobudur is definitely majestic due to its size, but to me, Prambanan provides better photo-op since the temple grounds have more erected structures.
On to the pictures, shall we? Don't be surprised if the pictures look the same. Every single angle is a good angle :D
8 times of the local's fee
Nara? :D
There it is!
Wwhat?? We should get a discounted price for this... hehehe
The stupas
Couldn't reach the hands
Merapi playing hide and seek
It was cloudy when we reached Prambanan at 4pm. It may not be ideal for snapping pictures, but I actually liked it.
Beli baju batik 2 helai ehh? Ke 5?
ReplyDeletehehe patut 1. sib baik 2 je. hahaha
Delete