Penang 2020

Note: This post is still works in progress. I'll just put up some pictures and work my way towards the contents (hopefully :D). Oh yeah, if you're looking for a post on nasi kandar, this is not it 🤣 

The first MCO (Movement Control Order) was enforced on March 18, 2020.  We allowed to cross statelines in June 2020, so I made plans to go to Penang in August because a friend of mine was about to leave for his home in Bandung. His last kopek (last ditch) domestic trip if you must 😋

As the days got nearer, I was a little apprehensive about the trip because there was the Sivagangga Cluster that was creeping up in the neighbouring state and counties.


Day 1
I'm never keen when it comes to long distance driving. Partially because of the traffic jams and my hometown in Melaka is just 1 and 20 minutes away. So anywhere beyond that is far in my books 😆.

Thankfully enough, traffic was pretty clear throughout the journey.

The second bridge

Like always, my go-to hotel in Georgetown is Cititel Hotel.
The view from the room

We were famished but we decided to skip the nasi kandar places and headed over to Chinahouse. All I cared was the cakes that they have :D.

Cakes on display...




With social distancing in place, getting a table was even harder. But the wait was way shorter than at the nasi kandar places 


Walking about in the city




Day 2
I know that we are in Penang, but with the Covid-19 clusters on the Penang horizon, we decided to do the malls. Wait, how is that more safer? Well, our reasoning was that the safety precautions were a bit more at the malls. Right? 🤞

We had Yoshinoya Udon for lunch and Hoshino for coffee.

Japanese milkcoffee



Soufflé

In the evening, we hung out right outside Queensbay Mall. 


Day 3

No. No roti canai Transfer Road this time around. We found a better option for this morning. Char kuey teow at Bee Hwa Cafe. Love it!




Then we decided we had to do cakes at Chinahouse once again, before we checked out.

some passionfruit thingy cake


For our last night in Penang, we spent it at Hard Rock Hotel.













Day 4

Breakfast...



Lounging...





Comments