Casual Contact status

There's nothing much to write about these days, especially when I only update my blog when I travel. That's like once or never 😅. Five months into 2021, I'm pretty much confined to my house, the office and the shop.

We have been using the MySejahtera application for checking in into the premises.

On Monday May 5, I was at the office when I received a push notification on my MySejahtera application informing me that my status had changed  to "Casual Contact". But they didn't inform me of the time and place of the said check-ins. I received a response from the enquiry that I had sent to the MySejahtera helpdesk:

Kindly note that the detail information of COVID-19 positive case and place of contact will not be disclosed to protect patient confidentiality and to avoid stigmatization

Even though the status stated that I could continue working and go out as long as the SOPs are being adhered to, I was advised by the Covid-19 Taskforce at my company to self-quarantine at home for 10 days.



To keep the story short, I did just that. I stayed home for 10 days, and only left the house after that to get my grocery at KLCC, the shops near my house and to get my kuih raya from my friend.

True to their statement, the Casual Contact Status was removed from my MySejahtera app after 10 days, but I still needed to fill up the daily Health Declaration form until Day 14.


Day 14th

On Monday May 19th, 2 weeks after I received the Casual Contact status, I resumed working from the office. Here's where the story gets interesting. At around 2:30-ish in the afternoon, I received yet another Casual Contact status push notification! Shoot! I didn't know whether to be upset, be puzzled or to laugh about it.

I showed it to my colleagues and they had fun poking fun at me.
Kau kalau tak pergi KLCC tak boleh ke? (Can't you not go to KLCC for once?)
I do like KLCC-Avenua K. The mall coverage size is manageable unlike 1Utama or MidValley. It has like 3 supermarkets if you count the Village Grocer in Avenue K, apart from Isetan and Cold Storage. Some people do not know that parking only costs 5 ringgit for the first 3 hours on Sundays, and after 12pm on Saturdays. That's enough if you want to make some errands and even going to the movies.

What? The cycle repeats again?!

Anyhow, not wanting to be self-quaranting for another 10 days and not knowing whether it is correct or a bug on the MySejahtera app, I chose to get tested the following day. I searched online and typically the results would come in after 2 days; results are guaranteed within 72 hours. I have actually done 2 swab tests prior to this: 
  • The first one was in June 2020. I just wanted to have the self assurance when balik kampung as we were allowed to cross the state lines for the first time since the first MCO was enforced on May 18, 2020. I received the results 2 days later.
  • I had my second one in October 2020 as a pre-operation requirement. I asked the staff how would I know of my test result? She said that if anybody calls, that means it's a positive result 😆. Thank God, I didn't receive any call 😅
So I found this Laurent Bleu Medical Clinic that has the Urgent option, where results would be available within 12-24 hours. Lesser time to be nervous about it 😅

The only downside of this place was that they didn't have the payment upfront option, so it took awhile to go through the registration and payment for each car even for pre-registered customers.
Just checked in and joined the queue



Almost there



This is what you do to pass time :D



 

Eventually I got tested at 4 pm. I got a text message saying that my results were out the next day at 12pm. It was also directly linked to my MySejahtera.
Alhamdulillah


Even so, I always have this mindset that every day is a Day 1 because there's always the package and food deliveries even though we stay at home. While we pray to God Almighty, we still need to do our parts like following the SOPs and stuff. Insya Allah and by the grace of God.



Comments