That's the probably the question that's been playing in everyone's mind for the past year. It's not the most important question I must say. There are of course other important questions or concerns, like putting food on the table and the well-being of all of the people around you.
Coming back to the question at hand, we'll be lucky if we can cross the district or state lines in the next month or so.
Apart from going back to my hometown, there's a backlog of trips that were postponed or cancelled since last year. We had to cancel our trip to Johor Bahru last October. My Langkawi trip was cancelled in November. The flight ticket was changed to an open ticket after a couple of attempts to change the trip dates. We have to confirm on the flight change by this June and the flight has be completed by end of the year. We need to call Malaysia Airlines if this has changed due to the current circumstances.
I also got an email from AirAsia last month informing me that our flight to Kota Bharu in June has already been cancelled as well - A new travel date could be made before 30 September 2021 for an unlimited number of times. There goes the Perhentian Island trip?
If you ask me for my post-Covid international destination of choice, I don't have a single answer. It depends on the region.
In no particular order:
- Southeast Asia
- My friend has always been recommending Banyuwangi as the next Indo trip after Jogja. Alternatively, there's Bandung-Jakarta.
- A short getaway to Singapore would be nice too. My nephew can't wait for Covid to end. He had fond memories of Singapore when we went there a couple of years ago.
- Phuket: I've never been. Like I said, I won't go to the islands alone. When I do find my trip buddies, I'll be going :).
- Asia
- Jeju and Seoul.
- Middle-east
- Mekah and Madinah: This is the ultimate journey - to perform the Umrah and Hajj. May we all be granted the health, wealth and time to perform and complete the Hajj. Insya Allah. Aamiiin.
- Dubai and the postponed Dubai Expo 2020.
- Oceania
- New Zealand. I really want to try out the bungee jump or the Nevis swing. I saw the latter on the older episodes of Runningman. It looks insane, but a little dare devil part of me is begging me to. Probably not doing it upside down 😆
- Americas
- The United States of course. It is long overdue. I was getting Google Photos reminder for my last trip in 2016. While it's mostly a matter of familiarity and visiting friends, there are still places that I have yet to visit. There are tons of them, like New Orleans, Houston, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park and Hawaii but that's considered another country because it's way further away :). I would love to go to Florida again.
- Vancouver: I did set my mind to couple Seattle and Vancouver back in 2014. And to run the marathon in Vancouver. But since it would incur another $100 CAD for the visa and another $60 CAD or so for the marathon fee apart from lodging, food and transportation, I had decided to forego Vancouver. For now.
- Europe
- Mmmm. I can't think of a single place right now. I know there are a lot of places that I haven't been to, but Europe is probably the last continent that I want to go now. Although, I would love to go to Budapest. I've been there for a day trip when we were on work assignment in Vienna in 2005. That wasn't a lot of time to get to know the city intimately. We didn't even get close to the Parliament. We just saw from across the Danube, but that's how you can appreciate the Parliament right?
All of this is definitely not set in stone. Whatever it is. Let's all pray for this pandemic to end soon. Right now. Aamiiiin.
Comments
Post a Comment