After yesterday's excursion to Besut, the plan for today is to stay in town. I like that idea ๐
 |
| today's main route |
 |
| Good morning KT |
The first order for today was breakfast. We had nasi minyak and nasi dagang at this one restaurant which I believe is AZ Selera Timur. (Sorry for there's no photo evidence for this). I still can't quite grasp the idea of eating nasi minyak and nasi dagang for breakfast ๐
The main agenda that Ayi had laid out for us is a visit to the state museum. When I checked on the timestamp of the first and last pictures taken at the museum, they were at 9:22am and 2:21, respectively. A whopping 5 hours! I admit we did take lots of pictures in between but I have to tip my hats off to Ayi because he's very knowledgable and passionate on the subjects of Terengganu. Even when we were driving around in the car, he has stories to tell at every kampung. If I had gone to the museum alone, I would be done in half an hour ๐. Heck, I opted for the evening visit at the Louvre. That says a lot. Ha ha ha.
The entrance fee to the museum is RM5 and another rm5 is needed to get into Kampung Budaya Terengganu.
The museum complex houses several galleries such as historical, natural history, textile, craft and royal. I really fancy the historical gallery because I hardly hear much from the Terengganu side. If you want to get a quick introduction on the history of Terengganu, you can checkout a set of 3 documentaries by Ganutalgia, starting with this one.
 |
| A supersized "Rumah Tele" / "Rumah Bujang Berserambi" |
The main star of the museum is definitely the Batu Bersurat Terengganu.
 |
| The house philosophies |
 |
| Ayi says this keris is a meatball maker ๐ |
Kampung Budaya Terengganu is where you'd find the maritime gallery and the traditional houses.
 |
| Puasa ke tak tu? |
 |
| ni konsep - lawanya congkak ni |
 |
| Goofing around |
 |
| Calling his fiancรฉ - where are you? |
 |
| Okay, bring in the dishes please |
 |
| Tour guide for hire |
We had a late lunch at Kedai Makan Basir before continuing on the historical route to Rumah Warisan Hj Su Losong.
 |
| Don't stare at the light |
 |
| Makcik bawangs in action |
We bought some local kuihs at Kedai Kuih Gong Kapas and then found a spot at one of the parks in Kuala Ibai.
Making a quick stop in Pulau Duyong for a great view
 |
| These are the kuihs (local delicacies) that we bought |
 |
| Behind the scenes :) |
That night, 2 of our friends, who just arrived for the holidays, joined us for dinner at Suka Makang.
 |
| Ayi's friend and his group were commissioned to do the mural. Beautiful |
 |
| "Mana diaorg ni? Dah laparrrr" |
 |
| Ready to dig in |
 |
| Dah sampai dah orang jauh |
 |
| Lepaking by Pesisir Payang after dinner |
Comments
Post a Comment