KT: March 2022

I know, I know. It's barely a month since I went to KT. I heard that you could make a daytrip to Pulau Kapas and I was intrigued. Unfortunately a trip to the island had to be put on hold because Terenggganu was experiencing major flooding a few days before I was scheduled to leave for KT.

Another hurdle that I had to overcome was the fact that my sister was a close contact to one of her bosses who tested postive right after coming back from work on Tuesday.


When my sister came back from work on that evening, I was in my room when she informed me about it. I was like, "what? I don't need this because my flight is 2 days away." I had actually packed up most of my stuff for my T'ganu trip, so I zipped up my bag, grabbed few more clothes that ought to be enough for 2 days and got into my car while my sister was taking a shower. Hahaha

I then made a videocall with my sister and another one. I think it was after 10 pm and I told them I'd be spending the next 2 nights at a hotel before leaving for KT. LOL!  I was scratching my head and finally ended up at Impiana KLCC.

After doing self testing on every day, including my sister, I was more confident of going to KT. We have to because it doesn't just concern us. It involves at least a couple degrees of separation - Friends and their families.

Self testing before, during and after the trip. This is now my kind of shopping these days - testkits shopping 🤣

I actually do not have a lot of content fand photos for my KT trip. I told my friend that I'd be satisfied with a layback trip (read: trip bermalasan).

So what exactly did I do? Let me try to recall.

Thursday:

  • After touching down at 4:30, Ayi fetched me at the airport and took me to Kopi Mung. We ordered maggi dapur arang and drinks.
  • Ayi dropped me off at the hotel to check in, settle down and freshen up.
  • Dinner: at Air Buah Gelas Besar (Pak San)

Flooding is still seen in the rural areas

Arriving in KT

Mango shake and maggi dapur arang at Kopi Mung

Fancy juice drinks at Air Buah Gelas Besar. And this is only the medium size

Somebody's happy with his nasi minyak

Friday:

  • Breakfast: Nasi minyak at Nasi Minyak atas Gong.
  • Jalan-jalan KT until Marang and then the new township of Kuala Nerus
  • Late lunch: in Marang. Yes, somehow we ended up all the way to Marang because lots of restaurants were closed on Friday :D
  • Dinner: I can't quite put a finger on it, but I can remember we snacked  at Kopi Mesin.

A wet day indeed

Nasi Minyak Atas Gong


Stormy weather - beach in Marang

The mosque at the Kuala Nerus new township





Finally, a picture at the Colosseum

Now, this looked more like the Colosseo :D

Saturday:

  • Breakfast: Nasi minyak at Nasi Minyak John.
  • Pusing-pusing KT and Kuala Nerus
  • Lunch: In Gong Badak - At first Ayi wanted to bring me to BB Seafood but it was close, so we went to Norsiah Ikan Bakar. We had the normal eating out dishes - Fish, veges and telur bistik
  • Went to hunt for baju kelawar for my SIL and some keropok lekor. We even stepped foot at Pasar Payang because the baju kelawar I bought for her at store across the old Pasar Payang was out of stock.
  • Dinner: Somewhere :D. The fish-rice-vege-and-egg set was only RM18! We added chicken soup as well.

Nasi minyak for breakfast

Nice designs but these are sleeveless

Only one baju kelawar with sleeves left. Bah humbug!

Promoter tak berbayar :D - at the other boutique's branch

I like this design. Too bad they didn't have it in my size

Finally. Haha. But we entered for a single baju kelawar and we were out :D

One of the aisles at Pasar Payang

View of Primula and Pantai Batu Burok from KTCC's parking lot


Sunday:

  • Breakfast at a restaurant next to the hotel. I had nasi minyak. You just had to eat like the locals :D There were noodles but they were still untouched. :P
  • Ayi had an MOU ceremony that he had to attend to, but he came by to say Hi & Bye on the way to the event which was close the hotel.
  • Took Grab to the airport

Thanks bosskur. 

There was a big hooha that AA were charging RM100 if passengers were checking in at the counter. They seem to have lowered it to RM20 😛

Bag drop off

AA staff checking the boarding pass, MySejahtera and weighing the bags

Landslides are seen near Kenyir Dam. And no, they are not due to logging



That's pretty much it. Like I said, trip bermalasan. I'd definitely be back for the islands, when the weather is fine and the covid cases are calmer. Insya Allah.

Comments