Ooops I did it again. I was in KT. Again. Yet again. LOL. I wanted to go to the island(s) back in March but the weather had other ideas. Let's see if the plan materializes on this trip. 🤞
Thursday 12/5
Thursday was a traveling day; I took the afternoon off and booked a seat on the 4pm flight out of KLIA.
The plane, the plane
No satay today, but roti putar and chicken curry
A quick detour to Pulau Duyong
Maleficent
Friday 13/5
Ayi and his colleague (along with her husband) planned to go to hiking at Bukit Bubus in Besut. So I tagged along.
True what they said, the hike was a short one but the view was breathtaking. It is also a paragliding park. I would come back to paraglide here because the view certainly tops Bukit Jugra.
Bukit Keluang
Aku nak kawin dengan anak raja
According to Ayi, KB is quite close and asked me if I'd like to check it out? I have some reservation when it comes to East Coast folks and their use of "close" or "nearby". Ha ha ha. Based on Google Map, it's about an hour and half away. Yeah, I could do that 😀.
We passed by Tok Bali and Bachok before arriving in Kota Bharu. We just drove around and didn't stop anywhere in town. I'm saving it for later whenever the trip to Perhentian happens (hopefully soon enough). Instead we headed to Pantai Senok, the so-called Nami Beach 😆
The only pic of KB I took from inside the car :D
It's a gorgeous and laid back beach. The trees are neatly planted, but they didn't leave a lot of room for the trees to grow. Regardless, the place is still great for pictures and lepakkkk 😃.
O-od
The beacon at the far end. A bit too far and too hot for my liking
We stopped for lunch at Kak Zah Pokok Kelat Maggie Goreng Telur Sotong. Yes, it's definitely a mouthful. Haha. I had maggie goreng while Ayi ordered maggie tomyam. They were really tasty.
One for me, one for you
Aktiviti wajib
Air pelangi katanya
Saturday 14/5
Yeay, a trip to the island was finally in the cards, even though it was a daytrip to Redang. Sort of a sneak preview of the things to come. Ours costed RM90 per head. If you search around, the prices do not tend to stray away from 90-100 ringgit. For that, you'd get to snorkel at 4 to 5 places around Redang and eat a packed lunch at Teluk Dalam.
We left some time after 7:30am and arrived at Kuala Merang jetty like an hour later. We had a quick breakfast before the 9am.
The tour company that we got the package from
Jom ke pulau
The first stop is Little Maldives. The local name is Busong
Our second stop. The corals are still intact and really beautiful
We stopped for an early lunch at Teluk Dalam so that we could get tables and swim with the turtles after everyone else had done theirs
The next activity is swimming with the turtles, which is also at Teluk Dalam
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
I forgot to do screenshots of the next two snorkeling spots.
On the way back, we ate ICT (ikan celup tepung) at Warung Ziey. The one we went to last time, Tok Mek was under renovation As usual, Pok Nong is off limits for us 😑.
Happy tummy And a bit ironic - ICT after a whole day of snorkeling and surrounded by fishes :D
(video taken on the next day just to show how crowded Pok Nong is)
Sunday 15/5
Ayi gave me 3 options for today:
A trip to Kapas for the beach and sun, as well a hike to Bukit Singa.
Foodhunting in Kemaman
Drive to Tasik Kenyir's Pengkalan Gawi
I chose Tasik Kenyir because it's much closer than Kemaman. Kemaman is doable from Kuantan :D. And I think a trip to Kapas would be tiring. Besides, we already did the island thing yesterday.
Construnction works are still visible at Pengkalan Gawi like the roadworks, the bridge to Pulau Poh and the "floating bubble" complex (duty free shops? jetty?) are still not yet open.
Jom Kenyirrr
Nasi Dagang Atas Tol. Closed at 9:30
We switched to Nasi Dagang Gong Pipit. Still delicious
We made a lunch stop at Lembah Warisan and tried their baung masak tempoyak dish. The gravy was really nice. As always, I'd choose the tail because of the lesser fat content. I think. hahaha.
The restaurant setting
I've never seen this version of siput sedut
Sedappppppppp
Gone in 5 minutes :D
We bought some kuihs from one of the local markets for a ngeteh session by the beach . We went all the way to Pulau Kekabu, Merang to find us a spot by the beach but it was crowded. So we settled for the beach in Chendering instead.
Err kuih apa ek. It needed a tad of sugar
Rawan lembu. I made a pass 😅
Impressed by the zoom feature
Ayi dropped me off at the hotel and later that night I walked to Pasar Payang and got me one of those durians. Every day for the past few days we've been passing those durian stalls, so I just want to have a taste. I overheard the seller telling patrons on the other table saying that these are cendi mas (durian tembaga) from Thailand. There should be local durians arriving in the coming 3 weeks. There are some found in Raub but there are not yet in abundance hence they're only sold to certain locations or customers.
Well that's all for this trip. I hope there could be at least only one more trip to Terengganu in the near future because of Perhentian but that's via Kota Bharu because KB is closer to the Besut jetty. Insya Allah.
Comments
Post a Comment