I just came back from a 3D2N Johor Bahru trip a acouple of weeks ago. I just realized that I didn't have any posting on Johor, especially our family trip to Legoland in 2017.
Since there aren't many trips in these covid-plagued years, it's an opportunity to reminisce previous ones.
Let's start with the 2018 Johor Bahru and Desaru trip. We spent a night in JB before staying in Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast for 2 nights. The funny thing was on our second night in Desaru, it was the Maulidur Rasul day. So there were notices throughout the hotel that specified that there wouldn't be music or entertainment played starting from sun down. Oh too bad.
Let me put the pictures and videos up first and I'll come back to add the finishing touches on the story. No promises tho π.
We followed the cookies πͺto Doubletree Johor Bahru
The breakfast spread never disappoints
The next day we were off to Desaru! The 70km trip took us a bit more than one hour.
Penang bridge, I mean the Jambatan Sungai Johor
We were upgraded to a room on the highest floor. The view of the Adventure Waterpark was awesome.
The minibar is free and replenished everyday. The guy at the reception told us to clear the minibar before the next day π€£
Taking a stoll outside of the HRH compound
Breakfast
Truth be told, there's not a lot of activities in Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast, especially the fact they didn't have a Hard Rock Cafe. I wonder why.
So it is really recommended to spend a day at the Adventure Waterpark next door. There's even an entrance for hotel guests. IMO, the Adventure Waterpark isn't much compared to Sunway Lagoon but the water coaster was one that single handedly topped it.
Definitely not a surfer hahaha
After a fun day at the waterpark, it was back to the hotel and a visit to the nearby Penawar town for dinner.
Loving this!
Taking a dip at their pool
HRH Desaru Coast is nice, but they didn't have any Hard Rock Cafe, direct beach access nor rooms with direct pool access like HRH Penang. They do have a place set aside in the lobby for bands, but the space is smail. When there's a band playing, the audience that comes to enjoy the music, they will crowd that small space, which I should say is just small hallway.
I made a quick check on the Westin Desaru Coast's website, there's a road that separate the hotel compound and the beach; Westin was still under construction when we were there in 2018.
I'd love to go back to Desaru, but I'd need to do more surverying on which hotels offer the best prices and sun & beach experience.
The HRH and its vicinity (courtesy of The R files (therfiles.com) website)
View from Westin's seaview room (courtesy of Marriot's website)
Comments
Post a Comment