Indonesia 2024 (ii): Ciwidey

Normally, out of towners would go up north to Lembang. We decided to do the opposite and head on south to Ciwidey. I left it all to my friend R to lay down the plans. My only contribution was to find and book a hotel. He gave me a link to the hotels in the Ciwidey area a couple of weeks back. It didn't take me long before I fell in love with Forest Hills Hotel Ciwidey. More on this hotel later. First thing first - time to fill up our stomach with foodπŸ˜‹

After dropping off Tante at the dentist for her dental appointment, we went to Bubur Mang Oyo for breakfast. The porridge is a bit different from that of in Malaysia because it wasn't liquidy.

The menu



When I told R that I simply loved Sari Sari in Gedung Sarinah, Jakarta because of the ample selections of kuihs, he quiped by saying that Sari Sari originated in Bandung. Even better! So after we finished our bubur Mang Oyo, we walked to Sari Sari which was nearby.


It felt like I'm in kuih heaven when in Sari Sari. Malaysia and Indonesia are neighbours, so the kuihs (or kue) may look different but there are obvious similarities in the taste department. Celorot is the clear favourite. It tastes like the brown stuff from kuih talam. Funnily enough, I just learned how to eat it 😁.

Bandung to Kawah Rengganis, with Awi Langit and Forest Hills Hotel located along the way

After almost 2 hours on the road, we finally arrived at Kawah Rengganis. We stopped by the tea plantation earlier to ask for the final direction to the Kawah Rengginis from one of the angkot drivers. Then my friend said we might as well take pictures inside the tea plantation. I never took any in Cameron. lol!

It took me all the way to Bandung to take pictures with the tea trees πŸ˜‚

My other friend commented in my whatsapp story - "Ko memang gedik kan" hahaha.

I've never been to Kawah Putih, so any kawah is fine by me. Well, I didn't know we were going to one πŸ˜‡. There's a hanging bridge that you need to get by in order to get to Kawah Rengganis. My friend said that it is a new addition.

On the jambatan gantung





Menyala abangkuuu πŸ”₯




Stopped by Awi Langit campsite for tea break

I forgot what these were πŸ˜…


Forest Hills Hotel was simply a gem. It didn't look much when we arrived and parked our car. But the moment we stepped into the lobby, the pictures that we saw on the internet rang true. The view was amazing. The staff was very welcoming and went above and beyond. The pool was great. It's like they couldn't do anything wrong. Well, maybe except one. The fruit basket in the room. A single banana and an orange? Say what? They could take advantage of the surplus of local strawberries. But this is very minor so much so I was willing to turn a blind eye πŸ˜‡



What a breathtaking view!


The welcome basket 😁

They waited for us for the afternoon tea because we checked in close to 5pm, the closing time

After the afternoon tea, we couldn't resist but to take a dip into the swimming pool. As for dinner, we had it at a nearby restaurant.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best ones I ever had. The ambience, the food selections and quality.



This is indeed breakfast with a view

The checkout time was at 12pm. So we had time to soak in the pool right after breakfast.

Before heading back to Bandung, we prayed at the mosque right across from the hotel. R was smiling and almost burst into laughter when the khatib started the opening remarks. I was like, eh, what gives? Watch the below video yourself to get an ideaπŸ˜…. The khutbah was in Sundanese hahaha. All I could catch was hadis riwayat and seksa neraka other than the doa'sπŸ˜„


Comments