US 2023 (VII): Providence

I didn't manage to go to my 25th reunion this year, which was in May, so I figured I should still make a brief stop in Providence before going to my final leg of the trip - Boston.

After arriving at TF Green airport, I took the bus to Kennedy Plaza. At first I wanted to take the train, but after talking to the gentleman at the information counter, he told me that the bus is the best way to downtown. So I took his advice and got on Bus 66.

In Providence, I stayed at Homewood Suites. It is just a short walk to my alma mater so I didn't have to rent a car.

School's already in session for the 2023/2024 academic year and it was nice to see students on campus. I soon realized that these kids are more than half my age 😅😆. At the reunions, I'm like the babies. Hahahaha I wish!


From Orlando to Providence



Here's the video compilation for this day:


Now for some pictures...
Ready for the stroll around Brown

 

Van Winkle Gates


The Rock


The Brown Bear
The Main Green

Thayer Street

Expensive!
\
A nice day for some Ben & Jerry's

SciLi and CIT

SciLi

The Engineering building
New Dorm

The Ratty



I need to find that old pic on the stairwell


Wriston Quad


Wayland Arch

They have halal eateries now at Thayer. This is one of them





Rhode Island State House


The Downtown Skyline. Providence is just a small city 😀

Comments