We had our breakfast at Platinum Hotel before we took a dip in the pool. Then it was time to head out to Bromo. Yay!
Breakfast at Platinum Hotel Surabaya
Platinum Hotel's pool
Do you guys know who Nailoong is?
pop mart unboxing
Bromo Hillside was 130km away from Surabaya. I dozed off at the back of the car along the way. I was woken up when we stopped for mie tektek for lunch 😅. Their non-spicy level still has a hint of chilli😛
Surabaya to Bromo Hillside
Before we start, here's a mashup of some of the videos taken at Bromo. (I may edit it later in Youtube and checkout what kind of soundtrack they offer)
We arrived at Bromo Hillside at 4pm. The hotel called to check on us and asked for our ETA. We were just 15 minutes away when we received the phone call.
The view from the outside of our room
At the roof top
Making steam coming out of my mouth because it was that cold
My friends brought a drone with them. The pictures and videos were amazingggg. Of course, there are restrictions when it comes to flying drones in the national park. There was one time that a drone video discovered ganja farms in Bromo 😆
That night we just dined in at the hotel's cafe because the food shops near the hotel were already closed. Man, it was super cold at night here in Bromo. They provided standing heaters in the room. Two! But they didn't do zilch. I was shivering under the blankets 😝.
Brrrr ⛄
The aglio olio was sooo spicy. I had to give it to my friends to finish it
Sunrise was early at around 5 in the morning. We were blessed with the spectacular "nippon rays".
Muka tak mandi semua niii :D
Our room came with buffet breakfast, which was really tasty. But I needed to watch out what I ate because we'd be going on the Bromo jeep tour this morning for several hours.
The fruits and desserts corner
I already made myself clear to my friends that there would be no hiking in this trip. We watched several youtube videos to get an understanding of what the tour packages offer. Clearly, the sunrise trip is a no-go because it starts at 2 in the morning! Well, the view from Bromo Hillside is nothing short of spectacular. So we opted for the panoramic tour instead. My friends convinced me that the climb would be easy due to the stairs built by the Dutch. And the trip could start after breakfast and a toilet break ;).
Bromo jeep packages
We left the hotel slightly after 8:30am. That's like noon here in Bromo 😅. Nonetheless, the weather was pretty good with a few big clouds here and there to give us cover from the sun.
To give some sort of perspective where the Bromo crater is
Our first view of the Bromo national park
With the Gunung Batok in the background
The roof of the jeep is made of canvas so we couldn't stand on it
This is how you do it
After multiple takes. It'll do :D
Lessego
Halfway there
We made it guys! Woohoo!
This was the closest I wanted to be on the ledge
Bromo ✅
A slight change in wardrobe 😂
Let's go back
Our last stop was at Lembah Watangan. It was previously referred to as Bukit Teletubbies. I was told that a pre-wedding photoshoot in September 2023 caused fire at the Bromo national park because they lit flares. Flares, seriously?
The jeep tour was definitely a great decision. When we got back, we just relaxed at the hotel until the next day when it was time to check out.
Last evening in Bromo
Breakfast time
One last DJI time before leaving
It is now time to say goodbye to Bromo. Matur Nuwun for being good to us
Comments
Post a Comment